Health Assessment of an Adolescent Chinese Girl
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper provides an assessment of adolescent Chinese girl living in Los Angeles called Xu Ling. From a nursing perspective, the paper discusses how the most important factor to protect against is the common risk factor to all adolescents: protection against depression. The paper examines how the goal for the nurse in assessment with Xu Ling is to identify specific environmental stressors for Xu Ling that could cause her these stressors, in light of the cultural conflicts she may encounter in her environment, both domestic and social/external.
From the Paper:"In order to effectively assess Xu Ling's situation, we must first acknowledge and explore that common stressor that affect adolescent as a whole. At the same time, we must take into account the impact of stressors anticipated by research that are common to Asian adolescents. In order to effectively assess, it behooves us to uncover some basic stressors that are listed that must be taken into consideration in assessing Xu Ling from a multi-cultured nursing perspective. The nurse must view these with the fundamental goal of all burse as the foremost intention: purposes that the nurse seeks in the first place, the keeping up of the patient's spirits. "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Allden, K. (1998). The Indo-Chinese psychiatry clinic: Trauma and refugee mental health treatment in the 1990's. The Journal of Ambulatory Care Management, 21(2), 30.
- Asian-Americans: Rapid growth, but uneven. (2001): http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing/market-research/1166968-1.html
- Biological Change: Nutrition. Adolescence: Change and Continuity. (2008): http://www.oberlin.edu/faculty/ndarling/adbio2.htm
- Boschert, Sherry. (2008) Depression colors way girls interpret events.(Child/Adolescent Psychiatry). Clinical Psychiatry News 36.2: 37(1)
- "Chinese-American Adolescents." (2008):
Cite this Case Study:
Health Assessment of an Adolescent Chinese Girl (2010, February 02) Retrieved July 17, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/health-assessment-of-an-adolescent-chinese-girl-118490/
"Health Assessment of an Adolescent Chinese Girl" 02 February 2010. Web. 17 July. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/health-assessment-of-an-adolescent-chinese-girl-118490/>