$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses current efforts by the FedEx Corporation to add value for their customers and create a positive environment for their employees. The paper discusses the business plan of FedEx and the intiatives that have been undertaken by the company to improve its service. It focuses on "The Purple Promise", FedEx's corporate wide program to encourage topnotch customer service and the "6 X 6 Program".
From the Paper:"FedEx Corporation faces many challenges in providing its customers with a value in a world that is dominated by goods and product oriented companies. Since FedEx Corporation is largely a package transportation service company, they view the package as their product. In fact, they go a step further. The Purple Promise states that the package is an extension of the customer. The package must be treated with respect.
"The Purple Promise and FedEx's 6 X 6 program are the two of the largest initiatives that the FedEx Corporation is using today to establish themselves as a leader in their class. These programs are designed to help FedEx Corporation's companies work more synergistically with one another, but, the bottom line is that these initiatives were created to offer a better service to their customers."
Sample of Sources Used:
- About FedEx. FedEx Corporation. <http://www.fedex.com/us/about/today/companies/?link=4>. (Accessed April 12, 2006)
- Business Wire. " FedEx Kinko's Introduces Online Office and School Supplies; New Service Eases Back-to-School Preparation for Students, Parents and Teachers." Business Wire. August 23, 2005. <http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/fedex-kinkos/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20050823005156&ndmHsc=v2*A1104584400000*B1144887760000*C4102491599000*DgroupByDate*J2*M1301*N1001266&newsLang=en&beanID=1211496499&viewID=news_view> (accessed April 12, 2006).
- Business Wire. " FedEx Kinko's Offers New Services To Commercial Customers; Company launches new flagship facility and expands services to increase efficiency." Business Wire. January 12, 2006. <http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/fedex-corp/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20060112005056&ndmHsc=v2*A1104584400000*B1144887883000*C4102491599000*DgroupByDate*J2*M670*N1000731&newsLang=en&beanID=1700974478&viewID=news_view> (accessed April 12, 2006).
- Engen, John R. "The New Challange for Directors." Corporate Boart Member Magazine May/June 2006. 12 April 2006. <http://www.boardmember.com/issues/archive.pl?article_id=12467>.
- In Our Own Words: The Purple Promise. FedEx Global Brand Management. Videocassette. Hanley Wood Marketing, 2006.
Cite this Case Study:
FedEx Corporation (2010, May 21) Retrieved August 23, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/fedex-corporation-119722/
"FedEx Corporation" 21 May 2010. Web. 23 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/fedex-corporation-119722/>