Ethical Dilemmas in Patient Care Case Study by Write Fine
Ethical Dilemmas in Patient Care
A case study analysis of the ethical dilemmas that can occur in patient care, particularly when there are conflicts between the family and the care facility.
# 112707 | 1,905 words | 10 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Mar 05, 2009 in Medical and Health (Medical Studies)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper presents a case study of a 75 year old man who suffered from cardiorespiratory arrest, was treated in ICU for seven days, and was not responding to treatment. The paper discusses the family's feelings regarding the patient's care, as well as the aims of the hospital. It then analyzes the ethical dilemmas involved in the case, particularly where there are conflicting desires.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Ascension Health. (2007). Principle of Distributive Justice. [Online.] Retrieved 31 May 2008 from the Web site: http://www.ascensionhealth.org/ethics/public/key_principles/distributive_justice.asp.
- Canadian Nurses Association. (2002). Code of Ethics. [Online.] Retrieved 26 February 2005 from the Web site: http://cna-aiic.ca/CNA/documents/pdf/publications/CodeofEthics2002_e.pdf.
- Drugs.com. (Sept 2006). Levophed. [Online.] Retrieved 30 May 2008 from the Web site: http://www.drugs.com/pro/levophed.html.
- Jonsen, A. R., and Edwards, K. A. (11 April 2008). Ethics in Medicine: Resource Allocation. [Online.] Retrieved 31 May 2008 from the Web site: http://depts.washington.edu/bioethx/topics/resall.html.
- Lang, F., and Quill, T. (2004). "Making decisions with families at the end of life." American Family Physician, 70: 719-723, 725-726.
Cite this Case Study:
Ethical Dilemmas in Patient Care (2009, March 05) Retrieved June 03, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/ethical-dilemmas-in-patient-care-112707/
"Ethical Dilemmas in Patient Care" 05 March 2009. Web. 03 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/ethical-dilemmas-in-patient-care-112707/>