Comet Skateboards and Entrepreneurships
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper details the philosophy behind Comet's use of solar energy to power their production facilities and use of green materials to build their boards. The paper discusses how Comet's owners established a local stock exchange where small, local entrepreneurships are nurtured into successful businesses that hire and train people in socially and environmentally responsible methods. The paper then explains how Comet Skateboards received the financial support to upgrade their small business to a national, high-visibility company.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Comet Skateboards. "Phoresia Interview with Jason Salfi." Retrieved May 3, 2008, fromhttp://blog.cometriders.org/?p=41.
- Comet Skateboards. "Products. Factory. Contact." Retrieved May 3, 2008, fromhttp://www.cometskateboards.com.
- Forest Stewardship Council. "The History of FSC-US." Retrieved May 4, 2008, fromhttp://www.fcus.org/about_us/.
- Grist Magazine. "Skate of Grace: Don Shaffer, local-biz promoter and green skateboard entrepreneur answer's Grist's questions." (June 6, 2006). Retrieved May 4, 2008, fromhttp://www.grist.org.
- Terry, Sara. "'Microlending' evokes programs to aid high-risk entrepreneurs abroad. Why it mayShow up on your street." The Christian Science Monitor (March 10, 2003). Retrieved May 4,2008, from http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0310/p15s02-wmpi.html.
Cite this Case Study:
Comet Skateboards and Entrepreneurships (2009, February 19) Retrieved July 16, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/comet-skateboards-and-entrepreneurships-112304/
"Comet Skateboards and Entrepreneurships" 19 February 2009. Web. 16 July. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/comet-skateboards-and-entrepreneurships-112304/>