BUSINESS ANALYSIS OF DILLARD'S
This paper is a business analysis of the current environment of Dillard's, an established retailer, as well as a business plan for future growth.
# 120023 | 2,998 words | 12 sources | APA | 2010 |
Published on Jun 02, 2010 in Business (Companies) , Business (Industries) , Business (Administration) , Business (Business Plans)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper offers a business plan for Dillard's, an established retailer that sells clothing and home furnishings. The paper introduces the company, including it's history, mission, goals, present strategies and industry. The paper then outlines the industry profitability, SWOT, and alternatives for the company. The paper finds that Dillard's is undifferentiated within its industry and must build on its strengths and opportunities to continue being profitable. The paper offers several strategies including shifting recruiting to bring in new talent and continued geographic expansion to spread fixed costs, prevent hostile takeover bids and diversify to prevent regional economic weakness.
From the Paper:"The company is caught in between the national powerhouses and independent outlets. With a strong regional presence and a weakening financial position, they are becoming a takeover target. The company still has opportunities to grow and improve profitability, but seems to prefer stability and holds a risk averse outlook. Should it weather the economic downturn, the company will emerge in roughly the same position they were before - middle of the pack. Should it fail to weather the downturn, the company will be taken over."
Sample of Sources Used:
- No author. (2008) History of Dillard's. Dillard's. Retrieved October 10, 2008 from http://investor.shareholder.com/dillards/history.cfm
- Ratios and financial information from Reuters, Retrieved October 10, 2008 from http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=DDS.N
- No author. (2008). Dillard's Inc. 2007 Annual Report. Dillard's. Retrieved October 10, 2008 from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/DDS/436587883x0x189959/D086E626-AD19-4EC7-AE0E-B04A4DCA5155/Dillards2007AR.pdf
- Overall industry information from RetailNet, Retrieved October 10, 2008 from http://www.retailnet.com/industry/dept/
- No author. (2008). Porter's Five Forces. QuickMBA. Retrieved October 10, 2008 from http://www.quickmba.com/strategy/porter.shtml
Cite this Business Plan:
BUSINESS ANALYSIS OF DILLARD'S (2010, June 02) Retrieved August 20, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/business-plan/business-analysis-of-dillard-s-120023/
"BUSINESS ANALYSIS OF DILLARD'S" 02 June 2010. Web. 20 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/business-plan/business-analysis-of-dillard-s-120023/>