Ten Forces That Flatten the World
An discussion of "The World is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century" by Thomas L. Friedman.
# 95386 | 2,605 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on May 22, 2007 in English (Analysis) , International Relations (General) , Political Science (General) , Economics (General) , Economics (Globalization)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper examines Friedman's "The World is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century" in which Friedman explores the significant changes that have taken place in the hi-tech industry during the past few years and severely criticizes those who do not embrace these changes. The paper discusses how Friedman believes the world to be flat due to the following ten factors: 11/9/89, 8/9/95, work flow software, open-sourcing, outsourcing, offshoring, supply-chaining, in-sourcing, in-forming and the steroids. The paper demonstrates how Friedman portrays these factors as flattening the world and breaking past barriers to create a globalized economy and environment.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Thomas L. Friedman, The World is Flat, Chapter two: The Ten Forces that Flatten the World, pages 48 to 172
- The Official Web Site of the University of Tennessee, University Libraries, Ready for the World, Thomas Friedman's flatteners, by Martha Rudolph, posted on March 2, 2006http://www.lib.utk.edu/news/readyfortheworld/archives/the_world_is_flat.html, last accessed on October 5, 2006
- James Berry, Review on the book The World is Flat, posted on April 19, 2006http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=1884, last accessed on October 5, 2006
- Howard Rheingold, Seven Ways to See What's Next, winter 2005http://www.strategy-business.com/press/16635507/05409b, last accessed on October 5, 2006
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, articles on Insourcing and The World is Flatwww.wikipedia.org, last accessed on October 5, 2006
Cite this Book Review:
Ten Forces That Flatten the World (2007, May 22) Retrieved August 18, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/book-review/ten-forces-that-flatten-the-world-95386/
"Ten Forces That Flatten the World" 22 May 2007. Web. 18 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/book-review/ten-forces-that-flatten-the-world-95386/>