"Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses W.E.B Du Bois' essay "Of Our Spiritual Strivings." The paper describes the essay as an existential and intellectual examination of the place of the Negro in American society. In order to understand the essay, the paper briefly places it in its literary and sociological context. It then discusses the issues that are brought in the essay and concludes that Du Bois provides a clear and compelling account of the various aspects that comprise the central existential crisis that faced the black man in the early twentieth century.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Jelks, R. "Of Our Spirituals Strivings" Faith, Justice, and the Teaching of the Humanities. April 5, 2006. http://184.108.40.206/search?q=cache:dg68ZX-ohy4J:www.westmont.edu/institute/pages/2003_program/papers/jelks.pdf+Of+Our+Spiritual+Strivings&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a
- Lewis D. L. On being African-American: proud, enduring hyphenation - excerpt from 1993 book 'W.E.B. Du Bois: Biography of a Race, 1868-1919'. April 6, 2006. http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1546/is_n1_v9/ai_14947182
- McSwine B. L. The Educational Philosophy of W.E.B. DuBois. 1998. April 7, 2006. http://www.ed.uiuc.edu/EPS/PES-Yearbook/1998/mcswine.html
- Of Our Spiritual Strivings. April 5, 2006. http://www.racematters.org/thesoulsofblackfolk1.htm
- W.E.B. DuBois. April 7, 2006. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._E._B._Du_Bois
Cite this Book Review:
"Of Our Spiritual Strivings" (2007, March 28) Retrieved September 20, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/book-review/of-our-spiritual-strivings-93731/
""Of Our Spiritual Strivings"" 28 March 2007. Web. 20 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/book-review/of-our-spiritual-strivings-93731/>