Charles Dickens' "Bleak House" Book Review by hicaliber
Charles Dickens' "Bleak House"
This paper analyzes Charles Dickens' novel "Bleak House."
# 93620 | 3,035 words | 7 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Mar 23, 2007 in Literature (English) , English (Analysis) , Women Studies (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper considers Charles Dickens' novel "Bleak House" in reference to other works. The paper highlights the major conflict in the novel, which involves a lawsuit. Many quotes are used to support the paper's comparisons and contrasts. The paper also analyzes various symbols that appear in "Bleak House." Finally, the paper evaluates women's roles in Victorian society, giving a general history of those roles and citing examples from the novel.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Blake , William Complete Wrirings ,Oxford University Press , New York , 1972
- Dickens , Charles Bleak House , Penguin Books, London : 1971
- Foucault , Michel Surveiller et Punir , Gallimard , Paris : 1975
- Kennedy , Vallery Challenging Figures :Three of Charles Dickens Marginal Women,www.victorianweb.org
- Holbrook , David Charles Dickens and the Image of Women , New York University Press , New York:1993
Cite this Book Review:
Charles Dickens' "Bleak House" (2007, March 23) Retrieved March 29, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/book-review/charles-dickens-bleak-house-93620/
"Charles Dickens' "Bleak House"" 23 March 2007. Web. 29 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/book-review/charles-dickens-bleak-house-93620/>