The Art of Negotiation
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this paper, the author examines why the ability to negotiate in both personal or professional situations is invaluable. The paper cites and reviews several websites which discuss good negotiating technique. These website reviews included a brief discussion and evaluation of the site's content. The author concludes that because of their detail and illustrative examples , two of the websites were outstanding in terms of teaching skills. The remaining two sites were friendly and entertaining, but should be used in conjunction with other sites.
From the Paper:"One of the main tools Bacal suggests using is the solicitation of the opposing party's point of view. Bacal suggest doing this by asking a series of questions such as "What do you need from me on this?" Bacal spends some time on this element of negotiation, and it is important. The question asking technique can serve a few purposes. Not only does it allow one to gain a better idea of their opponent's position, but it may have the effect of making the opponent feel less threatened. After all they are being asked what they want, this can have a disarming effect and may alleviate tension."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bacal, Robert. "Basic Negotiating Tips" Welcome to the Work 911 <.http://www.work911.com/articles/negotiate.htm>
- Bly, Amy and Robert Bly. "How to Improve Your Negotiatiing Skills" Personal Performance Update. <http://www.bly.com/Pages/documents/File148.htm>
- Bolton, Robert. People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others and Resolve Conflict, Simon and Schuster: New York, NY 1986
- Braham, Barbara. "Negotiation Tips" Barbara Braham Executive Coaching Services <http://www.bbraham.com/html/negotiation.html>
- Cohen Steven P. ""How to Fight Fires Without Burning Bridges" Pertinent Information Ltd. <http://pertinent.com/articles/negotiation/stevecohenN2.asp>
Cite this Article Review:
The Art of Negotiation (2010, April 30) Retrieved September 26, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/article-review/the-art-of-negotiation-119480/
"The Art of Negotiation" 30 April 2010. Web. 26 September. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/article-review/the-art-of-negotiation-119480/>