U.S Middle East Policy Argumentative Essay by supercalifragilistic
U.S Middle East Policy
A look at the argument that U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East is based primarily on securing the flow of affordable oil.
# 97429 | 3,467 words | 8 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Aug 15, 2007 in International Relations (U.S.) , Political Science (U.S.) , Political Science (Terrorism)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper contends that American foreign policy towards the Middle East is dictated by oil and that weapons of mass destruction are used as an excuse to impose American will on those that disobey American oil interests. It argues that a continuation of such a policy will only result in making the threat of weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East a reality and that countries that cannot counter the immediate and direct threat that America imposes on its regimes if they do not offer a pro-American oil policy have no choice but to develop weapons of mass destruction.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Buckley Jr., William. "Looking Ahead--Oil." National Review (2005). 17 Apr. 2007 <http://dev.egloballibrary.com:2218/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_16_57/ai_n15333457>.
- "Imperialism Definition." Dictionary.Com. 17 Apr. 2007 <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/imperialism>.
- Lewis, Bernard. "Did You Say 'American Imperialism'? : Power, Weakness, and Choices in the Middle East - America's Middle East Policies, Dating From the End of the Persian Gulf War." National Review (2003). 17 Apr. 2007 <http://dev.egloballibrary.com:2218/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_24_53/ai_80454778/pg_3>.
- Marshall, Joshua M. "Practice to Deceive: Chaos in the Middle East Isn'T the Bush-Hawks' Nigthmare Scenario--It's Their Plan - Cover Story." Washington Monthly (2003). 17 Apr. 2007 <http://dev.egloballibrary.com:2218/p/articles/mi_m1316/is_4_35/ai_99988625>.
- "Oil Has Not Been the Sole Factor Guiding U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East, But Free Access to the Region's Enormous Reserves--Now About Two-Thirds of the World's Known Supply--Has Been Its Most Consistent and Overriding Concern." Monthly Review (2003). 17 Apr. 2007 <http://dev.egloballibrary.com:2218/p/articles/mi_m1132/is_5_55/ai_108882469>.
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
U.S Middle East Policy (2007, August 15) Retrieved May 30, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/usmiddle-east-policy-97429/
"U.S Middle East Policy" 15 August 2007. Web. 30 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/usmiddle-east-policy-97429/>