The United States War Doctrine
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how the attacks of 9/11 should not have been unanswered by our government's war policy, but the characteristic of military engagement has translated into little-to-no progress and an increasingly negative international image for the United States. The paper contrasts the multiple foreign interventions of President Ronald Reagan's administration in response to the threat of Communism during the Cold War. The paper notes how the Reagan policies were far more successful. The paper contends that until the Bush Administration revamps its methodology in war policy, we will continue to be plagued by a restricted economy and the disturbing images of war and terror.
From the Paper:"Over five years ago on a Tuesday fall morning the people of the United States became victims of the single most deadly and hideous terrorist act ever recorded in history. Americans woke up that morning with an everlasting sense of security within the borders of their hegemon nation but hesitantly retired to bed on that same day questioning their safety and future in the United States. The television images seen by Americans and the dusty chaos experienced by surviving New Yorkers scarred every citizen's memory and marked the beginning of a new era for America. The World watched and then waited to see what the Bush administration was going to do in response to the terrorist acts committed by a handful of Middle Eastern radicals."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Red Flag Over Afghanistan: The Communist Coup, the Soviet Invasion, & the Consequences. Hammond, Thomas T. Westview Press. Boulder, Colorado. 1984.
- World Politics: Trend and Transformation (11th Edition). Kegley, Charles W. Thomson Higher Education. Belmont,California.
- Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror. Scheuer, Michael. Brassey's Inc. Dulles, Virginia. 2004.
- Understanding Public Policy (11th Edition). Dye, Thomas R. Prentice Hall. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. 2005.
- http://en.wikipedia.org (multiple references)
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
The United States War Doctrine (2007, July 14) Retrieved March 05, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/the-united-states-war-doctrine-96772/
"The United States War Doctrine" 14 July 2007. Web. 05 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/the-united-states-war-doctrine-96772/>