Technology Wins Wars
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer explains that appropriate technology used properly wins wars. The writer uses different examples to show that, whether taken battle by battle or over the course of a campaign or an entire war, winners employed appropriate technology properly, and that made the difference. The writer points out that examples from World War II and the Vietnam War clearly show that the effective use of appropriate technology does win wars, while the reverse has the opposite effect. The writer also shows over all that the strategic use of superior technology is ultimately the deciding factor in winning wars. However, in the case of Vietnam, the wrong technology was used improperly and resulted in a mess from which the U.S. still bears the scars.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Best, Antony, Jussi M. Hanhimaki, Joseph A. Maiolo, and Kirsten E. Schulze. International History of the Twentieth Century. London: Routledge, 2004. Questia. 8 Oct. 2006 <http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=109396005>.
- Bull, Stephen. Encyclopedia of Military Technology and Innovation. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2004. Questia. 8 Oct. 2006 <http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=106977476>.
- Burck, Gordon M., and Charles C. Flowerree. International Handbook on Chemical Weapons Proliferation. New York: Greenwood Press, 1991. Questia. 8 Oct. 2006 <http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=9805752>.
- Byrne, Kevin B., et al. A Handbook of American Military History: From the Revolutionary War to the Present. Ed. Jerry K. Sweeney. Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1996. Questia. 8 Oct. 2006 <http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=82360494>.
- Carafano, James Jay. After D-Day: Operation Cobra and the Normandy Breakout. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner, 2000. Questia. 8 Oct. 2006 <http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=105848971>.
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Technology Wins Wars (2007, May 21) Retrieved September 19, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/technology-wins-wars-95364/
"Technology Wins Wars" 21 May 2007. Web. 19 September. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/technology-wins-wars-95364/>