Seat Belts Save Lives!
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The main message of this paper is that wearing a seat belt can save lives. The paper looks at several news reports of car accidents where the passengers' deaths could have been prevented by wearing a seat belt. The paper also considers the excuses many offer in their choice not to wear a seatbelt and argues against them all.
From the Paper:"People die from this every day. It is the leading cause of death of people under the age of 35. Over 40,000 people die from this every year (Hill, pars.1-2). This is not some atrocious disease spreading over the world or a trendy new drug addiction. This is merely a simple act people choose not to do which leads to the demise of thousands of people whose lives will be ended far too soon. Still, many people choose to ignore it- making excuse after excuse. Really, there is no excuse. The law has even set regulations and consequences to prevent these unnecessary deaths, but people still do not get the point. The point is simple: do it! You can save your life, prevent a serious injury, and carry on this crucial message to your children and your community. So, what can we do to prevent so many horrible injuries and unnecessary deaths? Simple, wear your seat belt!"
Sample of Sources Used:
- A Membership Organization Dedicated to Protecting Life and Promoting Health. "Air Bags and Seat Belts When Used Properly Save lives." Apr. 2008. National Safety Council. 4 July 2008. < http://www.nsc.org/partners/facts1.aspx>
- Boston News. "Wearing Seat Belt." Ed. James Wilinkin. June 2008. Boston Channel News.3 July 2008. < http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16610562/detail.html>
- Edinburgh Evening News. Ed Perry Willett. July 2008.<http://news.scotsman.com/uk/Crash-officer-39not-wearing-his.4245106.jp>
- Hamilton, Richard M. University of Oklahoma Police Department, "Fairy Tales about SeatBelts." Oct. 2007. UOPD. 2 July 2008. <http://www.ou.edu/oupd/seatbelt.htmk>
- Hill, Martin. OPE News.com. "Study Reveals Shocking Seat Belt Death Stats." GovernmentSurveys. 4 July 2008. <http://www.opednews.com/articles/Government-Survey-Reveals--by-Martin-Hill-080608-450.html>
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Seat Belts Save Lives! (2010, April 16) Retrieved October 22, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/seat-belts-save-lives-119303/
"Seat Belts Save Lives!" 16 April 2010. Web. 22 October. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/seat-belts-save-lives-119303/>