Racism and the Rise of Multiculturalism
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer notes that within the foundation of the American nation are several concepts that have become fodder for propaganda that builds a case for social diversity and at the same time contradicts the actions of the collective nation and the feelings of many individuals, about race and diversity. The writer notes that conflicts over race are as old as the nation itself and the debate seems everlasting as some social reformists lay the groundwork for inclusion and multiculturalism while others still fight the hard fight for assimilation and racial dominance of the majority culture, which in the United States has consistently been the white English speaking culture. The writer points out that the United States will consistently and effectively develop answers to the debate concerning multiculturalism as a product of necessity and not surprisingly because of its continued and growing diversity.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Clark, W. A. (1998). The California Cauldron: Immigration and the Fortunes of Local Communities. New York: Guilford Press.
- Etzioni, A. (2004). How Patriotic Is the Patriot Act? Freedom versus Security in the Age of Terrorism. New York: Routledge.
- Gribbin, A. (2002, April 1). Iowa Makes English Official; Advocates Believe That English Is the Glue That Unites Social Groups and Nurtures Civic Responsibility. Insight on the News, 18, 29.
- Heikkila, E. J. & Pizarro, R. (Eds.). (2002). Southern California and the World. Westport, CT: Praeger.
- HUMAN TSUNAMI; California Reels under the Impact of Immigrants. (2004, April 25). The Washington Times, p. A01.
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Racism and the Rise of Multiculturalism (2007, September 10) Retrieved September 28, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/racism-and-the-rise-of-multiculturalism-98186/
"Racism and the Rise of Multiculturalism" 10 September 2007. Web. 28 September. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/racism-and-the-rise-of-multiculturalism-98186/>