Immigrants: We Want Them!
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper presents the argument that passing a new immigration bill will benefit the nation's economy. The writer explores the current issues regarding the immigration bills and explores the possibility of introducing laws that will make it easier for immigrants to reside and work in America legally. The writer details the benefits that the nation will have, including a wider tax base, a better handle on terrorism and a recourse for the importation of illegal drugs. The paper maintains that the time has come to legalize the illegal immigrants who qualify, deport those who do not and reap the benefits of the billions of dollars that such a move will make for the United States' economic status.
Drugs and Terrorism
Drugs and Terrorism
From the Paper:"In one study it was determined that while Americans may be paying more in taxes because of the number of immigrants who are here, the overall U.S. economy has benefited from the immigrants by as much as $10 billion a year(Serrin pp). The study was conducted by the National Research Council. According to those involved with the study owners and customers of the restaurant industry, the textile industry and agriculture, and hirers of domestic help are the primary benefactors of the immigrants, both legal and illegal in nature(Serrin pp)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Frank James. "Some provisions of immigration measure seen as unworkable." Chicago Tribune (2006)
- Hall Kevin. "Immigration, legal or otherwise, offers the nation a net benefit; but it comes with strings." Knight Ridder Washington Bureau (Washington D.C(2006)
- Inberger, Jerome." IMMIGRATION NEWS; Immigrants - A Driving Force in the Economy " Asian Pages(2005)
- Jordan Jeff. "CONSEQUENCES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.":JEFFREY S. JORDAN Congressional Testimony; (2006)
- Pantoja, Adrian. "Against the tide? Core American values and attitudes toward US immigration policy in the mid-1990s". Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies; (2006)
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Immigrants: We Want Them! (2007, February 12) Retrieved February 28, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/immigrants-we-want-them-92036/
"Immigrants: We Want Them! " 12 February 2007. Web. 28 February. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/immigrants-we-want-them-92036/>