Foreign Policy towards the Middle East
This paper explains what must be the goals of the U.S. administration's future Middle Eastern policy.
# 97701 | 1,247 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Aug 30, 2007 in Political Science (Political Theory) , International Relations (General) , Public Administration (General) , Hot Topics (Iraq Wars)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer maintains that the the goals of future U.S. Middle Eastern policy should be peace, the promise of a new United States image in the region, and greater independence from the nations that would cause harm. The writer then argues that the three main goals of the next administration should and must be to begin to bring the current conflict in Iraq to a successful or at least manageable political and diplomatic solution rather than a military conclusion, to facilitate new negotiations between the Israelis and Palestinians and finally to reduce U.S. dependence on Middle Eastern oil. The writer concludes that diplomacy and acting multilaterally must be the goal, both of the U.S. policy in its phased withdrawal from Iraq and also in continuing to strive to broker an effective peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Clayton, Mark. "Breaking free." The Christian Science Monitor. Sci-Tech: Computers and Technology. 21 Oct 2004. 27 Apr 2007. http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1021/p13s02-stct.html
- Enderlin, Charles. "Shattered Dreams": an inside look at Israeli-Palestinian negotiations." Tolerance.org. 2002. 27 Apr 2007. http://www.tolerance.ca/Article.aspx?ID=59&L=fr
- Haass, Richard. "The New Middle East." Foreign Affairs. November/December 2006. 27 Apr 2007. http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20061101faessay85601-p20/richard-n-haass/the-new-middle-east.html
- Pascual, Carlos & Kenneth Pollock. "Rights and Wrongs of Fixing Iraq." Financial Times. 6 Dec 2006. 27 Apr 2007. http://www.brookings.edu/views/op-ed/pascual/20061206.htm
- Zaharna, Robert. "The Unintended Consequences of Crisis Public Diplomacy: American Public Diplomacy in the Arab World." Foreign Policy in Focus. Vol. 8. No 2. Jun 2003. 27 Apr 2007. http://www.fpif.org/briefs/vol8/v8n02diplomacy.html
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Foreign Policy towards the Middle East (2007, August 30) Retrieved December 04, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/foreign-policy-towards-the-middle-east-97701/
"Foreign Policy towards the Middle East" 30 August 2007. Web. 04 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/foreign-policy-towards-the-middle-east-97701/>