Criminalization of Medical Marijuana Argumentative Essay by cee-cee
Criminalization of Medical Marijuana
A strong argument against the criminalization of medical marijuana.
# 110238 | 1,433 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2008 |
Published on Dec 18, 2008 in English (Argument) , Medical and Health (Drugs) , Hot Topics (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper asserts that to a great degree, drug policy in America has been irrational, based more on fear than evidence. The paper presents research that proves that marijuana does have medicinal value and explains its many therapeutic uses. The paper contends that the federal government is so dedicated to its policy of marijuana prohibition that it ignores all evidence to the contrary, ignores the expressed will of the electorate and ignores all appeals in favor of protecting the policy, not the public. The paper argues that legislators and drug enforcers are not physicians and should not substitute their belief system for demonstrable scientific studies showing that medical marijuana does indeed benefit patients.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Demmer, Bryan. "Arrest Suffering, Not Medical Marijuana Patients." The Humanist,. Volume 61, Issue 6 (November-December 2001), 35-37.
- Gold, Mark S. The Good News About Drugs and Alcohol. New York: Villard Books, 1991.
- Lowery, Richard. "Weed Whackers - the Anti-Marijuana Forces, and Why They're Wrong. Magazine." National Review, Volume 53, Issue 16 (20 August 2001). December 12, 2007. http://www.questia.com/read/5002408640.
- Maykut, Madeliane. Health Consequences of Acute and Chronic Marihuana Use. New York: Pergamon Press, 1984).
- Nadelmann, Ethan A. "An End to Marijuana Prohibition: The Drive to Legalize Picks Up." National Review, Volume 56, Issue 13 (12 July 2004), 28.
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Criminalization of Medical Marijuana (2008, December 18) Retrieved March 22, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/criminalization-of-medical-marijuana-110238/
"Criminalization of Medical Marijuana" 18 December 2008. Web. 22 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/criminalization-of-medical-marijuana-110238/>