$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains the importance of finding alternatives to fossil fuels. The author first explains what fossil fuels are and why they are fast depleting before taking a look at the two most common alternative fuels used, ethanol and bio diesel. The drawbacks of alternative fuels such as these are also examined as well as the technologies that companies are using to bring alternative fuels to the mass market.
From the Paper:"In order to get from place to place we rely on cars, which run on fossil fuels. The main fossil fuels are coal, oil, and natural gas. Fossil fuels are non renewable sources of energy and will eventually run out. These fossil fuels are older than the dinosaurs; they come from the decomposition and compression of plants and dead animals deep below the Earth's surface. As the trees and plants died, they sank to the bottom of swamps and oceans. They then formed a spongy material, called peat. Over hundreds of years, the peat was covered but sand, clay, and other minerals, which turned into sedimentary rocks. More and more rock piled on over hundreds of years."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Addison, Keith. "Ethanol fuel: Journey to Forever." Journey to Forever: Hong Kong to Cape Town Overland - An adventure in environment and development, join us on the Internet, all welcome, participation, online education, school projects, free of charge. Web. 05 Nov. 2009. <http://www.journeytoforever.org/ethanol.html>.
- Dumassa, Thomas. "Fossil Fuel Consumption and its Implications | World Resources Institute." World Resources Institute | Global Warming, Climate Change, Ecosystems, Sustainable Markets, Good Governance & the Environment. Web. 05 Nov. 2009. <http://www.wri.org/stories/2006/11/fossil-fuel-consumption-and-its-implications>.
- Layton, Julia. "HowStuffWorks "Is ethanol really more eco-friendly than gas?"" Howstuffworks "Auto" Web. 05 Nov. 2009. <http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/alternative-fuels/ethanol-facts.htm>.
- Walker, David. "Pros and Cons of Ethanol." Auto Blog, Lease Reviews, Auto News, Vehicle Road Test, Personal Finance. Web. 05 Nov. 2009. <http://blog.leasetrader.com/archive/2007/09/11/Pros-and-Cons-of-Ethanol.aspx>.
- Weber, Susan. "Ethanol Biofuel Pros and Cons - LoveToKnow Green Living." Major environmental issues | Going green. Web. 05 Nov. 2009. <http://greenliving.lovetoknow.com/Ethanol_Biofuel_Pros_and_Cons>.
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Alternative Fuels (2009, December 15) Retrieved June 05, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/alternative-fuels-117689/
"Alternative Fuels" 15 December 2009. Web. 05 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/alternative-fuels-117689/>