Accountability in the Health Industry
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that accountability means that an entire organization must make certain that its products and processes do not hurt society or an individual in any way. Next, the author relates that the health industry is accountable for the life of a patient and for providing the necessary health facilities to the general public. However, society is accountable for its own health.The paper underscores that a positive work environment enables workers to accept their respective responsibilities or accountabilities.
From the Paper:"Checks and balances in an organization are affected by policies and regulations or physical restraints. Most members of an organization develop negative an attitude towards these checks and balances and the enforcers of such measures. The most probable reason for this could be the impractical nature of such restraints. In a successful organization, such measures are the ones developed with consultation from all the members of the organization. It should not be biased or the members feel as if it was imposed on them. They should feel some sense of ownership on these rules."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Gibson, Ivancevich, Donnelly & Konopaske (2003). Organizations: Behavior, Structure and Processes. McGraw Hill.
- Koestenbaum, P. (2001). Looking back and Looking to the Future: The Growing Role of Personal Responsibility and Accountability, pp. 9-10.
- Meikle, A. (2008). Leadership in Action. CEO Forum Group.
- NGO Taskforce on Bussiness and Industry (2001). The Role of Corporate Accountability in Sustainable Development.
- World Health Organization (1998). Ethics of Medicine and Health. Alexandria, Egypt.
Cite this Argumentative Essay:
Accountability in the Health Industry (2010, October 05) Retrieved August 08, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/accountability-in-the-health-industry-144784/
"Accountability in the Health Industry" 05 October 2010. Web. 08 August. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/argumentative-essay/accountability-in-the-health-industry-144784/>