The Performance Appraisal Process
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper analyses the current performance evaluation process of a company and outlines areas of concern in a performance evaluation. The paper identifies the various performance criterion to be used, the methods of analyzing data collected in a performance evaluation, the benefits of inclusion of various stakeholders in the evaluation process and the sources of errors and biases in evaluation.
From the Paper:"The company's current evaluation process poses three concerns: employee personality as opposed to employee work results, measuring skills with uniformity and accuracy, and using the evaluation process to enhance professional growth (Bacal, 2007). In this regard, the company's current evaluation process is concerned with employee personality rather than work results. For example, the engineer's personality is given more weight during evaluation rather than the safety measures he/she introduced in the company. In addition, the evaluation process does not measure workers skills with accuracy and uniformity. For example, the engineer is rated poorly despite the expertise possessed. Lastly, the process discourages workers and limits for professional growth. For example, the engineer is highly discouraged and poorly rated despite his/her outstanding performance; therefore, with low ratings the engineer can hardly get promotion."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bacal, R. (2007). How to manage performance: 24 lessons for improving performance. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Goel, D. (2008). Performance appraisal and compensation management: A modern approach. New Delhi: PHI Learning private Ltd.
- Grote, D. (1996). The complete guide to performance appraisal. New York: Richard Charles Grote.
- Hickman, S. (2001). How to conduct a performance appraisal. United States of America: American Society for Training and Development.
- Robbins, S. P. & Judge, T. A., (2007). Organizational behavior. (12th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall
Cite this Analytical Essay:
The Performance Appraisal Process (2011, October 22) Retrieved April 14, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-performance-appraisal-process-148417/
"The Performance Appraisal Process" 22 October 2011. Web. 14 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-performance-appraisal-process-148417/>