The Managed Care System
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at the system of managed care in the US and shows how, despite the many positive outcomes of this form of healthcare, there are difficulties that have not been overcome. The paper posits that in order for managed care to endure, changes in the marketing strategies for managed care must be considered and there should be renewed efforts to manage patient care by changing the limitation of choice in health care providers.
From the Paper:"There are difficulties with our society's health care. Many solutions have been suggested and many program variations have been tried, but costs have continued to rise and dissatisfaction with services have continued. One of the most recent and most criticized systems is the managed care system.
"Managed care is the most common form of health insurance in the United States. Its intent was to provide a more a cost efficient coverage than traditional insurance programs or paying a per-service charge. Managed Care, however, a very complicated system and often difficult for the insured to navigate."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Cooper, E. & Taylor, L. (1994). Comparing health care systems, what makes sense for the US? In Context. Retrieved May 8, 2009, from http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC39/CoopTair.htm.
- Goff, R.E. (1999). Managed care - the solution no one really wanted. Compensation & Benefits Management, 15(4), 25-31. Retrieved May 8, 2009, from EbscoHost database.
- Liberman, A. & Rotarius, T. (1999). Managed care evolution- where did it come from and where is it going? Health Care Manager, 18 (2), 50-57. Retrieved May 8, 2009, from EbscoHost database.
- Parker, F.R. & Burke, L. (2005). Employers, ethics, and managed care. Employee Benefit Plan Review, 59(9), 7-11. Retrieved May 8, 2009, from EbscoHost database.
- Robinson, J.C. (2001). The end of managed care. The Journal of the American Medical Association, 285(20), 2622-2628. Retrieved May 8, 2009, from Ovid database.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
The Managed Care System (2009, May 21) Retrieved September 18, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-managed-care-system-113949/
"The Managed Care System" 21 May 2009. Web. 18 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-managed-care-system-113949/>