The Gwinnett County Baseball Deal Analytical Essay by Nicky
The Gwinnett County Baseball Deal
Narrates the history of Gwinnett County's deal to construction of a new minor league baseball stadium.
# 145045 | 1,856 words | 6 sources | APA | 2010 |
Published on Oct 24, 2010 in Economics (Public Finance) , Political Science (State and Local Politics) , Sport (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper relates that, although Gwinnett County near Atlanta enthusiastically voted to build a new stadium to attract a minor league baseball team, they made this decision based on optimistic building cost and revenue projections. Nonetheless, the author contends, bringing the team to Gwinnett is likely to have a positive impact on the community. The paper concludes that the Atlanta Braves, owners of the minor league team, will benefit substantially because they paid nothing to building the stadium and yet will receive impressive revenue flows from its operation.
From the Paper:"Since the deal was made, the stadium costs have increased significantly. The construction budget of the stadium increased approximately 50% by the fall of 2008. The County was forced to pay for this shortfall by accessing reserve funds of $19 million, a move that received unanimous approval in September. The weakening economy has hampered some of the projected revenues as well. For example, the stadium has yet to be named, and the market for naming rates has worsened considerably since the deal was announced. This will lead to a shortfall in revenues, not just for this upcoming year but for several years to come."
Sample of Sources Used:
- No author. (2008) "Gwinnett Braves" Gwinnett County. Retrieved December 7, 2008 from http://www.gwinnettcounty.com/cgi-bin/gwincty/egov/ep/gcNavView.do?path=Home|Hidden+Page|Gwinnett%20Braves
- Tucker, Tim. (2008) "Gwinnett stadium deal 'lucky coincidence' for Braves" Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved December 7, 2008 from http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/15/bravesdeal_0116.html
- Tucker, Tim & Redmon, Jeremy (2008) "Ballpark figures for new Gwinnett Stadium" Atlanta Journal-Constitution Retrieved December 7, 2008 from http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/04/19/metgwinnettdeal_0420.html
- No author. (2008) "Fitch Rates Gwinnett County Devel. Auth. (Georgia) $33MM Revs 'AAA'; Outlook stable" Reuters Retrieved December 7, 2008 from http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS204073+20-Feb-2008+BW20080220
- Pearson, Michael. (2008) "Gwinnett County: Economy hinders ball field naming" Fox Sports. Retrieved December 7, 2008 from http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8831534/GWINNETT-COUNTY:-Economy-hinders-ball-field-naming-
Cite this Analytical Essay:
The Gwinnett County Baseball Deal (2010, October 24) Retrieved May 27, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-gwinnett-county-baseball-deal-145045/
"The Gwinnett County Baseball Deal" 24 October 2010. Web. 27 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-gwinnett-county-baseball-deal-145045/>