The Diverse Nature of Psychology as a Discipline
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that the discipline of psychology has many sub-divisions and is interrelated with many other academic areas, such as even discrete mathematics; however, this process of unification awkwardly influences diversity. Next, the author investigates cross-culture psychology and personality psychology, two sub-divisions of psychology, as examples of the diverse nature of this field of study. The paper uses examples from the lives of Americans from Anglo, Asian and Afro-American cultures.
From the Paper:"The theoretical perspective being provided is that of the need for subdivisions of psychology willing to take advantage of not only the major divisions of psychology but also other domains not related to psychology. For example, history plays an important role in illuminating the past; however, the simple matter of exposing what has happened according to what has been composed by those who claimed victory has little to do with the truth and has even less to do with the psychology of those who were defeated. The natures of the people undergo change, as does the nature of the thought process that caused the conflict to begin with."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Busygina, N. P. (2009). Psychic Phenomena and Discourse: the Social Constructionism Perspective. (English). Cultural-Historical Psychology, (4), 44-52. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.
- Berry, J. W. (1997). Immigration, Acculturation, and Adaptation. APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY: , 46(1), 5-68.Mayhew, S. R. (2006). Key concepts from health promotion evaluations:
- Fischer, M. (2011). In Honor of Manfred M. Fischer., 32(2), 135-137.
- Maynard, A. E. (2008). What We Thought We Knew and How We Came to Know It: Four Decades of Cross-Cultural Research from a Piagetian Point of View. Human Development (0018716X), 51(1), 56-65. doi:10.1159/000113156
- Math Problem Solving and Mental Discipline: The Myth of Transferability.. (1988). Science of Computer Programming, 51(3), doi:10.1016/j.scico.2003.12.005
Cite this Analytical Essay:
The Diverse Nature of Psychology as a Discipline (2011, April 26) Retrieved June 05, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-diverse-nature-of-psychology-as-a-discipline-147490/
"The Diverse Nature of Psychology as a Discipline" 26 April 2011. Web. 05 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-diverse-nature-of-psychology-as-a-discipline-147490/>