The Death of Osama bin Laden
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This article examines the detail, location and fallout from the event nicknamed 'the Day of Daring'. The death of Bin Laden made global news and caused controversy; the content of the essay describes the unfolding of the raid and the conspiracy theories associated. It also features analysis of opinion in the aftermath of the shooting and the impact that will inevitably follow the death of such a high profile terrorist leader.
From the Paper:"The staff within the Whitehouse, US Generals and the President all gather round a hazy TV link showing events unfolding. It is the Day of Daring (2 May 2011); Osama Bin Laden's final day as leader of al-Qaeda and indeed of life.
"The terrorist boss became infamous following his masterminding of the attacks on America widely known as 9/11, which saw thousands of people lose their lives. He was undisputed number one on the US most wanted list and represented the figure of hatred and direct threat towards national security. The impact of the death was not to be under estimated across the US. Mark Bowden, author of `The Finish - the Killing of Bin Laden' stated:"
Sample of Sources Used:
- Greg Miller May 5, 2011, The Washington Post, CIA spied on bin Laden from safe house, http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/cia-spied-on-bin-laden-from-safe-house/2011/05/05/AFXbG31F_story.html
- Christina Boyle, Aug 29 2012, New York Daily News, Osama bin Laden was killed by bullet to the brain before Navy SEALs arrived, book reveals, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/osama-bin-laden-killed-bullet-brain-navy-seals-arrived-book-reveals-article-1.1146861#ixzz2K3gpl2Q4, Online Edition
- Alexander Nazaryan, Aug 29 2012, New York Daily News, Polish spy: CIA turned down chance to kill Osama Bin Laden in 1999, http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/pageviews/2012/08/polish-spy-cia-turned-down-chance-to-kill-osama-bin-laden-in-1999, Online Edition
- Eric Holder, May 4 2011, BBC News, Osama Bin Laden's killing in Pakistan lawful, says US, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13286312, Online Edition
- Jim Michaels, April 30, 2012, USA Today, Year after bin Laden's death: Al-Qaeda 'far from defeated', http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-04-29/bin-laden-anniversary/54630274/1, Online Edition
Cite this Analytical Essay:
The Death of Osama bin Laden (2013, February 07) Retrieved May 30, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-death-of-osama-bin-laden-152407/
"The Death of Osama bin Laden" 07 February 2013. Web. 30 May. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/the-death-of-osama-bin-laden-152407/>