Strategic Management at IBM
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the IBM business group and states that IBM remains an international leader in the IT industry due to the emphasis they place on the satisfaction of its customers' needs and the technological advancements they incorporate in their products. The paper emphasizes that the development and implementation of the necessary strategies has taken into consideration the various internal and external forces that influence IBM. The paper concludes that the company has an established brand and good reputation, they do not base their strategies on them, but develop new ways in which to address the market.
From the Paper:"The corporate mission of IBM's is extremely appropriate for the industry in which it operates and it is also relevant to the nature of the operations conducted by the organization. It emphasizes on both the incorporation of the latest technologies, but also on the desire to completely satisfy the customers' needs and wants. Given that the mission statement is only a generic presentation of the company's goals, it is only normal for it to contain limited information. But I could also state an increased focus on the personnel. In this order of ideas, IBM's mission statement could also relate to their efforts of integrating the employees into the corporate culture and the efforts the company makes to train, motivate and reward its employees. Foremost, in the social context of increased attention to reducing the negative effects of operational process onto the natural environment, IBM could also state its dedication to developing environment friendly procedures and techniques that reduce the waste eliminated and pollute less."
Sample of Sources Used:
- April 27, 2005, IBM (IBM's) Mission Statement, Man on Mission, http://manonamission.blogspot.com/2005/04/ibms-ibm-mission-statement.html last accessed on April 14, 2008
- June 3, 2003, Driving an operational model that integrates customer segmentation with customer management, Retrieved from http://www-935.ibm.com/services/au/index.wss/ibvstudy/igs/a1007000?cntxt=a1005019 on April 14, 2008
- 2008, IBM 2007 Annual Report, Retrieved from http://www.ibm.com/annualreport/2007/ on April 14, 2008
- 2008, International Business Machines Corp IBM (NYSE), Stock Reuters, http://stocks.us.reuters.com/stocks/ratios.asp?symbol=IBM last accessed on April 14, 2008
- 2008, Official Website of IBM, http://www.ibm.com last accessed on April 14, 2008
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Strategic Management at IBM (2008, August 17) Retrieved August 17, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/strategic-management-at-ibm-106909/
"Strategic Management at IBM" 17 August 2008. Web. 17 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/strategic-management-at-ibm-106909/>