South Korea and its Future Political Outlook
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at the history of South Korea and discusses how today, it is one of the world's most advanced economies and has a place of primary importance in world affairs. The paper addresses South Korea's issues with human rights and explores its role in influencing North Korea to cooperate with the global community. The paper considers the future of South Korea and the potential of its regional relationships.
From the Paper:"It should certainly be seen as scarcely surprising that the Korean Peninsula remains steeped in conflict. Indeed, it is a region that was outfitted according to its current model by a state of brutal war. The Korean War was, like so many conditions set in motion on the world stage in the latter part of the 20th century, a repercussion of the events leading up to and occurring during World War II. Occupied by the Japanese at this juncture, the peninsula exited the war in a diminished economic, infrastructural and educational state, leaving it subject to the interests of outside forces. The 38th Parallel became the logistical dividing line, north of which became a Soviet occupied territory and south of which became an American occupied territory. In the years to immediately follow the war, this dividing line would become a flashpoint in the emergent Cold War."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Achin, K. (2008). South Korea to Push for North Korean Human Rights Progress. VOA News, 6.
- Amnesty International. (2008). South Korea: Policing the Candlelight Protests in South Korea. Amnesty.org.
- Amnesty International1. (2005). North Korea: Briefing on Present Situation. Amnesty.org.
- Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC). (2008). South Korea: New laws proposed to restrict freedom of assembly and opinion. Human Rights Education Associates. Online at http://www.hrea.org/index.php?base_id=2&language_id=1&headline_id=8241
- Associated Press (AP). (2008). South Koreans Hold Candlelight Vigil Protesting Beef Import Deal With U.S. Fox News.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
South Korea and its Future Political Outlook (2011, November 06) Retrieved May 26, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/south-korea-and-its-future-political-outlook-148815/
"South Korea and its Future Political Outlook" 06 November 2011. Web. 26 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/south-korea-and-its-future-political-outlook-148815/>