Searches and Seizures
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The entirety of this paper is on the Fourth Amendment and its history. It discusses what exactly the Fourth Amendment is and the various changes it has seen with the Supreme Court over the years. It looks at various cases that have altered elements of the amendments or laws that change the approach both law enforcement must take and what citizens can know to protect themselves. It concludes with reasons for the amendment.
From the Paper:"Everyday in the United States, Judges and Magistrates hear cases that include some form of search and seizure. While these cases are routine, there are many issues that can be associated with search and seizure cases. This paper will describe what is a legal search and seizure and also what is an illegal search and seizure. It will also examine the United States Constitution as it pertains to searches and seizures and examine cases that have been dismissed by the Courts and cases that have been upheld.
"Although searches and seizures are commonplace in today's society, law enforcement must have probable cause in order to legally conduct them. The people of the United States take their privacy and liberty very seriously and that is where the United States Constitution comes into account."
Sample of Sources Used:
- U.S Constitution: Fourth Amendment, Retrieved from: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendm ent04 on 2/26/08
- Lectric Law Library: Probable Cause, Retrieved from: http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/p089.htm on 2/26/09
- Just Cause Law Collective: Other types of warrantless searches, Retrieved from: http://www.lawcollective.org/article.php?id=105 on 2/26/09
- Cornell University Law School: United States Constitution, Retrieved from: http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.a mendmentxiv.html on 2/26/09
- Hills D., From the Incident through the System Legally: Knowledge Base of Legal Concepts, 1999: California State University
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Searches and Seizures (2011, August 24) Retrieved October 01, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/searches-and-seizures-148020/
"Searches and Seizures" 24 August 2011. Web. 01 October. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/searches-and-seizures-148020/>