Perspectives on Health Care for Women
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper offers an analysis of the perspective of women's health that recognizes the multiple roles that women play and their corresponding health needs will be most successful in catering to all women in this society. The paper explains that recognizing diversity of roles as well as life experience and culture, among women is a fundamental aspect of creating a health care system that emphasizes wellness rather than disease. Advocacy of individual and groups of women, on the issues of holistic care, lifespan wellness and diversity as a clinical health care provider is one of the first steps toward cultivating change in the system. The paper concludes that this might mean developing access programs for a single at risk individual, or a group of them.
From the Paper:"Women's health is a relatively old field of medicine that, in recent years, has taken on new dimensions. (Robison, 2002) It is important to recognize the diversity among women in their health care needs and access to adequate health resources. Recognition of diversity, in the broader culture, in the various roles of women and identity of women is an essential aspect of providing essential clinical care to women in a women's health setting."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Blackwell, Daria, 2002. Women In The Healthcare Industry Reaching For The Top. Medical Marketing & Media, Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p44, 8p.
- Fleming, Carl, 2004. Healthcare Access: Conflicts Of Interest Presented By Managed Care Icu Bedside Rationing And Their Impact On Minorities And Women. Georgetown Journal of Gender & the Law, Spring2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p663-676.
- Heyman, B., & Henriksen, M. (2001). Risk, Age and Pregnancy : A Case Study of Prenatal Genetic Screening and Testing /. New York: Palgrave.
- Lueck, T. L., & Chang, H. (2002). Tribune's 'WomanNews' Gives Voice to Women's Issues. Newspaper Research Journal, 23(1), 59.
- Moss, K. L. (Ed.). (1996). Man-Made Medicine: Women's Health, Public Policy, and Reform. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Perspectives on Health Care for Women (2011, June 19) Retrieved August 01, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/perspectives-on-health-care-for-women-147719/
"Perspectives on Health Care for Women" 19 June 2011. Web. 01 August. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/perspectives-on-health-care-for-women-147719/>