Managing the Hormone Leptin
Looks at the structure and management of the hormone leptin, which plays as important role in not only obesity but also related issues.
# 148126 | 1,335 words | 7 sources | APA | 2011 |
Published on Sep 02, 2011 in Chemistry (Biochemistry) , Medical and Health (Medical Studies) , Medical and Health (Nutrition and Exercise) , Nutrition (Food)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that, in addition to being expressed in other tissues, leptin is involved in fat metabolism, which means that it is part of the regulation of the expenditure of energy. Next, the author highlights the leptin diet and the importance of fat regulation. The paper reviews the results of several clinical trials investigating the relationship of leptin regulation and obesity and the effects of leptin on several diseases; however, more research is needed.
From the Paper:"Because of the expression of leptin in different parts of the body, the mechanism of leptin action is different. Leptin has a lot to do with the notion of hedonism. Therefore, this has a lot to do with the mechanism of leptin action in the brain, which has been well studied. The center associated with appetite suppression or appetite is in the hypothalamus. The leptin that flows in the blood crosses the blood-brain barrier and interacts with the region of the hypothalamus. The normal amounts of leptin binding with the hypothalamus results in proper appetite regulation."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bagchi, D., & Preuss, H. G. (2007). Obesity : epidemiology, pathophysiology, and prevention. Boca Raton: CRC Press.
- Castracane, V. D., & Henson, M. C. (2006). Leptin. New York: Springer.
- Friedman, J. (2009). Leptin's Legacy. Howard Hughes Medical Institute Bulletin, 16(1).
- Friedman, J. M. (2002). The function of leptin in nutrition, weight, and physiology. Nutr Rev, 60(10 Pt 2), S1-14; discussion S68-84, 85-17.
- Richards, B. J., & Richard, M. G. (2002). Mastering leptin : the key to energetic vitality, youthful hormonal balance, optimum body weight, and disease prevention! Minneapolis, Minn.: Wellness Resources Books.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Managing the Hormone Leptin (2011, September 02) Retrieved September 19, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/managing-the-hormone-leptin-148126/
"Managing the Hormone Leptin" 02 September 2011. Web. 19 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/managing-the-hormone-leptin-148126/>