Kellogg's - An Overview Analytical Essay by scribbler
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper presents an analysis of Kellogg's breakfast cereals, focusing on how it can regain its edge in a very competitive market. First, the paper gives a brief SWOT analysis of Kellogg's, showing where it should improve its marketing strategy. Then, it considers the target market of Kellogg's specific to various brands of cereal. Next, the paper discusses how each brand is marketed individually. It also explores the history of the company. Finally, the paper examines the strong degree of brand loyalty within the target markets for the Kellogg's brand.
From the Paper:"These consumers are located in all of Kellogg's markets, primarily in North America and Western Europe. Kellogg's primarily targets females, who are considered to be the main shoppers. They target all ethnicities, but their primary focus is on the major groups - Caucasians and African-Americans. All income levels are targeted (they have Kashi for higher income brackets). All parts of the family life cycle are targeted by the different cereal brands. Some target groups are segmented by psychographics - the organic and Inner Health segments, for example. To narrow down personality traits of cereal eaters, it is best to choose on particular cereal line, so for Kashi these people are concerned about health, prefer to be seen as making intelligent choices and are discerning shoppers. Kashi eaters are motivated by organic status, taste, and lastly by price. Three distinct lifestyle traits of Kashi eaters are exercise, preference for quality foods, and relatively busy in the morning. For most cereal products, there is a mix of usage patterns - some consumers eat the same cereal everyday, others rotate different cereals and others still prefer to eat different types of breakfast food at various times."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brand Republic (2002). Superbrands case studies: Kellogg's Corn Flakes. Brand Republic. Retrieved March 4, 2010 from http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/162119/superbrands-case-studies-kelloggs-corn-flakes/
- No author. (2010). Kellogg Company. Hoover's. Retrieved March 4, 2010 from http://www.answers.com/topic/kellogg-company
- No author. (2010). Kellogg's. The Times UK. Retrieved March 4, 2010 from http://www.thetimes100.co.uk/studies/view-brief-study--kelloggs--6-228.php
- Trademarkia. (no date). Kellogg's. Trademarkia. Retrieved March 4, 2010 from http://www.trademarkia.com/kelloggs-71083292.html
- Brandkeys. (2009). 2009 Brand Keys customer loyalty engagement index. BrandKeys. Retrieved March 4, 2010 from http://www.brandkeys.com/awards/cli09.cfm
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Kellogg's - An Overview (2012, October 19) Retrieved March 20, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/kellogg-an-overview-151884/
"Kellogg's - An Overview" 19 October 2012. Web. 20 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/kellogg-an-overview-151884/>