Karaoke and Modern Culture
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that karaoke, which started in the 1970s in Japan, is a single person or duet singing along to recorded music of their choice in front of an audience. Next, the author relates the extend of the popularity of karaoke from a local bars, baby showers to new TV series "The Voice". The paper concludes that the karaoke phenomena has become so ubiquitous because it is a cheap way to be entertained and brings in revenue to the bars, people enjoy the confidence of singing in front of an audience and participation is a form of folk singing.
From the Paper:"Of course you will find those that do in deed simply stumble in to a bar, get drunk, and sing because karaoke happens to be going on, but that is not typical of what to expect from a night of karaoke. You are more likely to find a group of people who are regulars and attend every chance they get. Most regulars attend every karaoke night at their favorite establishment or even travel all over town to catch their favorite K J'S show. No matter where you go, you will find that people are there for companionship, relief from life, and the chance to simply let loose from their daily life."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Karaoke: Culture With A Two Drink Minimum." Southeastern Louisiana University. Web. 18 July 2011. <http://www2.selu.edu/Academics/Faculty/jeburns/karaoke.html>.
- Wu, Christine. "The "Empty Orchestra" - Origins of Karaoke And The Home Singing Machine." Scribd. Web. 18 July 2011. <http://www.scribd.com/doc/19153961/The-Empty-Orchestra-Origins-of-Karaoke-And-The-Home-Singing-Machine>.
- "History." Talent Quest National Karaoke Singing Contest. Web. 18 July 2011. <http://www.talentquest.org/History.html>
- Mol, John D. The Voice. Television. < http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/about/>
- Carol. E-mail interview. 19 July 2011.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Karaoke and Modern Culture (2011, August 30) Retrieved August 18, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/karaoke-and-modern-culture-148060/
"Karaoke and Modern Culture" 30 August 2011. Web. 18 August. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/karaoke-and-modern-culture-148060/>