International Food Trends Australia
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper takes a look at the restaurant industry in Australia and the international food trends for the year 2008. The author looks at how staple foods of Australia such as beef has gone beyond the typical cuts and is now available in more choices such as wagyu cattle. The author also explores how and why top grade Spanish hams are now listed on many entree menus in Australia - clearly an indication of Spanish influence. In addition to analyzing why the consumption of chicken is increasing in Australia more so now than ever, the paper also analyzes the increased interest in Asian cuisine, noting that as Australians become more health conscious, Asian takeaway becomes a more viable option than fast food. All of these influences also result in a new trend of fusion food with which chefs in Australia are experimenting.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Food service in Australia, (July 2007), [Online], Available: http://library.marketlineinfo.com.ezproxy.apollolibrary.com/library/Download.aspx?R=E461A761-E53E-4043-915F-8602D6A30CC4&pType=MarketProfile&itemHref=E461A761-E53E-4043-915F-8602D6A30CC4.pdf [11/03/08].
- Gatfield, T. 2006, "Australia's gone chicken! An examination of consumer behaviour and trends related to chicken and beef meats in Australia", Journal of Food Products Marketing vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 29-43.
- "New wagyu farms", Dec. 2007, Food Service - Grill vol. 5, no. 11, p. 22.
- Nourse, P. (2008), Australian Gourmet Traveler 2008 Restaurant Guide Awards, [Online], Available: http://gourmettraveller.com.au/australian_gourmet_traveller_2008_restaurant_guide_awards.htm [11/03/08].
- Henly, S. (5 Jul 2001), Australian food goes Asian, [Online], Available: http://www.tdctrade.com/imn/01070501/food03.htm [11/03/08].
Cite this Analytical Essay:
International Food Trends Australia (2009, June 23) Retrieved March 05, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/international-food-trends-australia-114787/
"International Food Trends Australia" 23 June 2009. Web. 05 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/international-food-trends-australia-114787/>