Industrial Revolution and Standard of Living
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer notes that one of the most significant changes that resulted from the industrial revolution involves standards of living all over the world. This work discusses emerging standards of living, first through a brief historical timeline and by assessing the level of urbanization that has occurred. The paper then takes a look at class emergence in the wake of the industrial revolution and assesses the wage economy. Next, the paper analyzex the nature and structure of the family economy, and lastly, it looks at the movement of the means of production as it applies to standard of living. The writer maintains that clearly, the manner in which people work, the place they live, the wages they earn, the way they receive goods and services and the changes that all these things create in the family are indicative of standards of living. The industrial revolution created massive changes in all these things for a great many people.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Ashton, T. S. The Industrial Revolution, 1760-1830. London: Oxford University Press, 1962.
- Ashton, T. S. The Industrial Revolution, 1760-1830. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Baker, Lynn A., and Ernest A. Young. "Federalism and the Double Standard of Judicial Review." Duke Law Journal 51.1 (2001): 75.
- Buer, M. C. Health, Wealth and Population in the Early Days of the Industrial Revolution. 1st ed. London: George Routledge & Sons, 1926.
- Clark, David. "Interdependent Urbanization in an Urban World: An Historical Overview." The Geographical Journal 164.1 (1998): 85.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Industrial Revolution and Standard of Living (2008, November 28) Retrieved June 01, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/industrial-revolution-and-standard-of-living-109316/
"Industrial Revolution and Standard of Living" 28 November 2008. Web. 01 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/industrial-revolution-and-standard-of-living-109316/>