Indian Wars of the Colonial Period
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that the arrival of Europeans to North America in the late 1500s and early 1600s triggered a great clash of civilizations between the Native Americans and the European Americans. These battles that contributed greatly to the eventual decimation, assimilation and forced relocation of Native Americans in North America, the author relates, occurred against the European Americans, especially during the Colonial Period. The paper details the Powhatan War, Pequot War, Beaver Wars, French and Indian Wars and Pontiac's Rebellion.
From the Paper:"Lord Amherst finally took Louisburg in 1758 when James Wolfe distinguished himself. Fort Duquesne, which later became Fort Pitt, was also taken in 1758 but by General John Forbes. Near the end, the war became a fight for the St. Lawrence, climaxing in 1759 during the battle on the Plains of Abraham. "Both Wolfe and Montcalm were killed, but Quebec fell to the British. In 1760, Montreal also fell, and the war was over" 5. In 1763, the Treaty of Paris ended French control of Canada, which ended up going to Great Britain."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Beaver Wars." Ohio History Central. 2005. Online Encyclopedia of Ohio History. 18 April 2006. <http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=483>
- Boyer, Paul S., Clifford E. Clark, and Joseph F. Kett. The Enduring Vision. 5th ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004.
- "French and Indian Wars" Questia Online Library. 2006. Questia Online. 18 April 2006. <http://www.questia.com/library/encyclopedia/french_and_indian_wars.jsp>
- "Pequot." Encyclopaedia Britannica. 2006. Encyclopaedia Britannica Online. 18 April 2006 <http://search.eb.com/eb/article-9059177>.
- "Pontiac's Revenge." Ohio History Central. 2005. Online Encyclopedia of Ohio History. 20 April 2006. <http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=539>
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Indian Wars of the Colonial Period (2010, May 27) Retrieved May 28, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/indian-wars-of-the-colonial-period-119895/
"Indian Wars of the Colonial Period" 27 May 2010. Web. 28 May. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/indian-wars-of-the-colonial-period-119895/>