Implementing A Cisco Certification Program in Schools
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper takes a look at issues related to getting a Cisco certification training program started in schools. It offers information on the system, its advantages and its disadvantages, the cost benefits, and the educational outcome that can be expected by implementing this unique program. It also offers a short discussion of the results that can be expected if this program is not included at the school.
From the Paper:"The Cisco educational and certification process is well known in the Informational Technology (IT) sector. The educational portion of the process has the reputation of being very tough to master and gain certification. One article espoused the fact that while there is no universal agreement on which certifications were most desirable, that "based on responses from 336 of the 470 contractors...the top two certifications were Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert" (Alexander, 1999, pg 72). Since that time the two companies have continued to evolve and improve their certification processes and are still considered two of the toughest certifications to obtain. At that time "83% of the contractors believed certifications either were 'very important' or 'somewhat important' to their prospects for career advancement" (Alexander, pg. 72)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Alexander, S.; (1999) Sorting out certifications, Computerworld, Vol. 33, No. 50, pg. 72
- Brandel, M.; (2001) The top certifications, Computerworld, Vol. 35, No. 20, pg. 63
- Daggett, W.R.; (2005) A central role for CTE in high school restructuring, Techniques Association for Career and Technical Education, Vol. 80, No. 4, pp. 56 - 58
- Driscoll, C.M.; (2005) You have the power to protect career and technical education, Techniques (Association for Career and Technical Education), Vol. 80, No. 4, pg. 6
- Education for Profit, (2003) The Public Interest, No. 152, pp. 100 - 112
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Implementing A Cisco Certification Program in Schools (2011, August 11) Retrieved April 21, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/implementing-a-cisco-certification-program-in-schools-147927/
"Implementing A Cisco Certification Program in Schools" 11 August 2011. Web. 21 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/implementing-a-cisco-certification-program-in-schools-147927/>