Flaws in the "Communist Manifesto"
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper outlines how Marx and Engels describe our modern industrial society through the proletariat and bourgeoisie and how they reach the conclusion that capitalism is inherently unstable. The paper goes on to show how in the 150 years since the Communist Manifesto was published, Marx' and Engel's ideas have proven to be empty, with many of their prophecies disproven by actual history.
From the Paper:"Marx and Engels describe our modern industrial society as one of class conflict between the wealthy and the working class. They say that the production capability of capitalism is going to cease to be harmonious with the exploitive relationship between the bourgeoisie and the proletariat. The working class will revolt but it will be a different kind of revolution. Other revolutions simply meant more property to the ruling class. But members of the proletariat can't appropriate property. So when they obtain control through the revolt, they will do away with all private ownership of property, and the classes will disappear."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brooke, C. (1998). The political science of Karl Marx. Retrieved April 17, 2009, from University of Oxford: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~magd1368/archive/gov98f1/intro.htm
- Capitalism. (2009). Retrieved April 20, 2009, from Encarta.msn.com: http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761576596_2/capitalism.html
- Marx, K., & Engels, F. (1998). The communist manifesto: A modern edition. London: Verso.
- Mattson, K. (2005). Revisiting the vital center. Retrieved April 19, 2009, from Dissent magazine: http://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/?article=286
- omegaletter.com. (2005, August 1). Karl Marx: "Proletariats have no fatherland". Retrieved April 17, 2009, from The omega letter: http://www.omegaletter.com/briefs/briefings.asp?BID=1332
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Flaws in the "Communist Manifesto" (2011, September 07) Retrieved October 21, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/flaws-in-the-communist-manifesto-148134/
"Flaws in the "Communist Manifesto"" 07 September 2011. Web. 21 October. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/flaws-in-the-communist-manifesto-148134/>