$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper analyzes the literary style of poet e.e. cummings. The paper first explains that, although Edward Estlin Cummings, e.e. cummings, had a classical Harvard education, he was part of the avant garde society of Gertrude Stein, Ezra Pound and Picasso. The paper then discusses Cummings writing style, noting that he developed an unusual style of grammar using lower case letters, creating new linguistic patterns and making up his own words often with verbs as nouns. The paper analyzes Cummings' poem "l(a", published in 1958.
From the Paper:"The fact that Cummings was an artist is important for he obviously considered his poems an audio painting. He paid special attention to his punctuation. It is often an integral part of the work. His poems need to be read for the visual of the work is an important aspect of it. Among his many styles he sometimes used what is known as enjambment. The punctuation used is a way of directing the reader and steering him to the place he wants the reader to be. He is showing the reader how it is supposed to be read and enjoyed."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Wikipedia. E. E. Cummings no date Retrieved 12-14-06 from:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._E._Cummings
- English,uiuc.edu E. E. Cummings' Life no date Retrieved 12-14-06From: <http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets/a_f/cummings/cummings_life.htm>
- Drake.Marin.k12 A Biography of e.e. cummings no dateRetrieved 12-13-06 from: http://drake.marin.k12.ca.us/stuwork/comacad/poets/eecummings/eebiopage.html
- Kennedy. R. Dreams in a Mirror New York: W. W. Norton and Co. Inc.1980
- Laucanno, C. E. E. Cummings: A Biography Naperville, Ill.:Sourcebooks, Inc. 2004
Cite this Analytical Essay:
e.e. cummings (2009, October 23) Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/e-e-cummings-116818/
"e.e. cummings" 23 October 2009. Web. 29 September. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/e-e-cummings-116818/>