$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper analyzes the usefulness of dream interpretation, a traditional therapeutic method used for solving daily problems, or predicting the future. The author provides examples of dreams followed by possible interpretations for each example. The paper concludes by emphasizing the importance of seeking out a professionally educated dream interpreter versus an amateur, as there are many subtle themes that can easily be overlooked by an uneducated interpreter.
From the Paper:"The weight you thought was lifted comes crushing back down on you as you realized that you were just dreaming. But it was a good dream! Could this be an omen of things to come? Is your fortune finally turning? This dream made you feel real good, it was vivid; what meaning could it hold? This is a question that dream interpretation could answer.
"Dream interpretation has been around as long as we have. Without forecasting, the internet, computer models, or expert panels; our ancestors had to find ways to predict the future and make sense of the world around them. Looking at dreams and interpreting them was one of these tools."
Sample of Sources Used:
- http://people.uncw.edu/deagona/ancientnovel/diana.htm The History of Greek Dream Interpretation.
- http://library.thinkquest.org/11189/nfhistory.htm Dream History.
- http://www.hymns.me.uk/17-joseph-interpreting-pharaohs-dream-bible-story.htm Joseph on the Pharaoh's dream.
- http://www.virtualjerusalem.com/judaism/judaism_article.php?article_id=4315&page=1 Joseph and his prophetic dreams.
- http://www.dreammoods.com/ Dream Moods.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Dream Interpretation (2010, June 10) Retrieved July 13, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/dream-interpretation-120346/
"Dream Interpretation" 10 June 2010. Web. 13 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/dream-interpretation-120346/>