De Beers Consolidated Mines, LTD.
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the history and development of De Beers Consolidated Mines, LTD from its founding in 1888 until today. It specifically looks at the severe competition that De Beers faces today and the challenges that it needs to overcome. The paper then analyzes the company's strategic capability to revive the diamond operations and retrieve the desired financial and non-financial results.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents:
From the Paper:"But during recent years, they have been faced with a wide series of challenges. The most relevant problems refer to a diminished public perception (in Africa for instance, they have been accused of paying rebels to extract diamonds and with the money received, these rebels would purchase weapons and engage in violent reactions ) which often materializes in loss of customers. Then, electrical power problems and the restrictions imposed in South Africa are yet another matter of concern. The best way to resolve the issues would be for De Beers Consolidated Mines to change their approach to the market and develop new strategies that do not apply to monopoly, but to highly skilled, developed and experienced company that wants to revive the industry and make a difference."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Ashworth, J., Diamonds are Forever, The Business, August 15, 2007
- Graff, M., De Beers Penny: Make Stores Compelling, National Jeweler Network, February 12, 2008
- Robertson, D., De Beers Loses Its Shine as Diamond Sales Fall, Times Online, February 8, 2008, http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/natural_resources/article3332893.ece last accessed on April 8, 2008
- Roberts, J., Glitter and Greed: The Secret World of the Diamond Cartel, The Disinformation Company, 2003
- Soggot, M., Conflict Diamonds are Forever, The Center for Public Integrity, November 8, 2002, http://www.publicintegrity.org/bow/report.aspx?aid=152 last accessed on April 9, 2008
Cite this Analytical Essay:
De Beers Consolidated Mines, LTD. (2008, August 15) Retrieved December 11, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/de-beers-consolidated-mines-ltd-106877/
"De Beers Consolidated Mines, LTD." 15 August 2008. Web. 11 December. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/de-beers-consolidated-mines-ltd-106877/>