Corporate America and American Culture
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper uses Archie B. Carroll and Ann K. Buchholtz's work "Business & Society: Ethics and Stakeholder Management" to determine how American business influences the culture of modern America, and if that culture also has a role to play in influencing corporations. The paper discusses the pressure on businesses to take social responsibility but, reveals that campaigners often merely petition for their own short-term goals and then break-up to form other groups. The paper relates how business managers see waste management as something which is not worth their while, but they must utilize corporate social responsibility (CSR) with employees. The paper comes to the conclusion that American corporations may have had an impact on American culture as a general notion, but culture has also put some pressure on corporations to change, or face the consequences.
From the Paper:"Modern businesses face a great deal of public pressure to be seen as 'good' businesses, which usually involves behaving in a socially responsible way, or at least being perceived to do so. Corporate Social Responsibility, or CSR, is one of the most talked-about aspects of business culture. Some reporters on CSR view it as a cynical exploitation of the current interest in social and environmental awareness, while others see it as an attempt by anti-corporate factions to knock big business by making them look corrupt."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Baker, M. Arguments against Corporate Social Responsibility at http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/CSRfiles/against.html
- Corporate Social Responsibility - What does it mean? At http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/CSRfiles/definition.html
- (2002) "Do We Expect Business to Save the World?" Business Respect, Number 40 4 Oct 2002.
- Carroll, A and Buchholtz, A (2006) Business & Society: Ethics and Stakeholder Management 6th Edition, Thomson Learning.
- Fauset, C. Dear Stakeholder from http://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/?lid=2705
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Corporate America and American Culture (2010, February 08) Retrieved October 05, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/corporate-america-and-american-culture-118580/
"Corporate America and American Culture" 08 February 2010. Web. 05 October. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/corporate-america-and-american-culture-118580/>