$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer notes that according to the Center for Disease Control, childhood development is crucial both for the individual child and for society. An individual who is not provided with the resources he or she needs to develop properly will have trouble succeeding in life on a personal level. The writer discusses that an examination of the development of children at ages six and ten provides examples of some of the stages that caregivers should observe. The writer notes that for both six-year-olds and ten-year-olds the developmental process can be difficult. In both age groups, children are caught between two ideal stages of childhood, proving frustrating for them and their parents. The writer concludes that after exploring the developmental stages of both age groups, one can understand the importance of being aware of child development.
From the Paper:"Finally, the six-year-old's physical development is characterized by high energy levels. They exhibit signs of restlessness, clumsiness, and sexual awareness. Six-year-olds will also be drawn to certain foods that they like and others that they refuse to eat; they may also have bouts of incontinence. In addition, they are susceptible to growth spurts and colds or other infectious diseases.
"Thus, for the six-year-old, development is characterized by many new changes. Beginning school means new strides in intellectual and social development, as well as the new tool or learning to read. Their cognitive and physical development is a wonderful mix of childhood and the skills needed to proceed into adulthood.
"Unlike six-year-olds, whose development is much the same in both sexes, ten year-old girls and ten-year-old boys develop differently, especially in terms of physical development."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Child Development Guide: Nine to Ten Years." (2006-2009). Retrieved March 6, 2009, from education.com. Web Site: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Child_Center_Nine/
- "Child Development Guide: Six to Seven Years." (2006-2009). Retrieved March 6, 2009,from education.com. Web Site: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Child_Guide_Six/
- "Child Development Tracker." (2003-2008). Retrieved March 6, 2009, from PBS. Web Site: http://www.pbs.org/parents/childdevelopmenttracker/six/index.html
- McKesson Corporation. (2006). Normal Development: 10 Years Old. Retrieved March 6, 2009. Web Site: http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_devtenyr_pep.htm
- McKesson Corporation. (2006). Well Child Care at Ten Years. Retrieved March 6, 2009, from the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. Web Site: http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_wc10year_hhg.htm
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Child Development and Society (2010, December 07) Retrieved October 22, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/child-development-and-society-145942/
"Child Development and Society" 07 December 2010. Web. 22 October. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/child-development-and-society-145942/>