Changing Demographics on the Health Market
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper first reports that, after looks at the population data, Diamond Bar, a city in Los Angeles County, is not only a city growing but also the fastest growing population segment is the elderly, which will require expansion of services for this group. Next, the author relates the health needs of the city's significant population of uninsured children. The paper concludes with a discussion of the need to reform private and public health insurance for both employed and unemployed persons. The paper includes data charts.
From the Paper:"In Diamond Bar City, isolation and loneliness becomes a major problem as people age. Mobility therefore becomes increasingly critical to assist them to have a contact with the external world, have access to medical, social and recreational facilities and also live freely and independently. As they grow old, driving becomes a problem and so they rely on family members and friends for rides. To meet the transportation needs of this fast growing aging group of the population, the public transport should be expanded by channeling in more dollars into the transportation system in order to help these old people with mobility."
Sample of Sources Used:
- City Facts, retrieved on 19th July 2008 from: https://www.ci.diamond-bar.ca.us/Index.aspx?page=85
- Diamond Bar, California (n.d): City Overview, retrieved on 19th July 2008 from, http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Diamond_Bar-California.aspx
- HRSA (n.d.): Changing Demographics and the Implications for Physicians, Nurses, and Other Health Workers. Retrieved on 19th July 2008 from http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/healthworkforce/reports/changingdemo/aging.htm
- Infoplease (n.d): Demographic Statistics Diamond Bar, California. Retrieved on 19th July 2008 from: http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/california/diamond-bar/demographic.html
- Owcharenko N (2007): Health Insurance for Uninsured Children: Doing Health Care Right. Retrieved on 19th July 2008 from: http://www.heritage.org/Research/HealthCare/hl997.cfm
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Changing Demographics on the Health Market (2010, October 10) Retrieved May 20, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/changing-demographics-on-the-health-market-144806/
"Changing Demographics on the Health Market" 10 October 2010. Web. 20 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/changing-demographics-on-the-health-market-144806/>