Carbon Nanofiber Concrete
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses nanotechnology in regards to its most recent progress and developments. One such development discussed is the creation of carbon nanofiber. The paper touches on the use, development and recent discoveries regarding the topic with a bulk of the focus largely regarding the use of nanofibers in concrete and how it will reduce cracking.
From the Paper:"The carbon nanotube is uniquely strong. Exhibiting a strength and elasticity greater than any other carbon allotrope, the molecule may be detected in either the single-wall formation or the multi-wall formation. To distinguish, "single-wall nanotubes can be thought of as the fundamental cylindrical structure, and these form the building blocks of both multi-wall nanotubes and the ordered arrays of single-wall nanotubes called ropes." (Dresselhaus, 1) These ropes exhibit a dipolar effect in which intermolecular forces naturally draw the carbon nanotubes into tightly interlocked formations. This accounts for their potential to be extended to great lengths without surrendering or distorting any of the properties which make the nanotube so important a discovery."
Sample of Sources Used:
- AzoNano. (2005). Prestigious award for Nano-fiber Reinforced Concrete. Nanotechnology. Online at http://www.azonano.com/news.asp?newsID=1718
- Dresselhaus, M. (1998). Carbon Nanotubes. Physics World. Online at <http://physicsweb.org/articles/world/11/1/9>.
- Forro, L. et al. (1999). Electronic and Mechanical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes.Institut De Physique Des Nanostructures.
- Iijima, S. (1991). Helical Microtubules of Graphitic Carbon. Japan Nature, 354(6384).
- Makar, J. (2003). Cement/Single Walled Carbon Nanotube Composite Materials. National Research Council Canada. Online at http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/nano/concrete1_e.html
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Carbon Nanofiber Concrete (2011, November 06) Retrieved August 18, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/carbon-nanofiber-concrete-148798/
"Carbon Nanofiber Concrete" 06 November 2011. Web. 18 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/carbon-nanofiber-concrete-148798/>