Border Control and Counter Terrorism
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This essay gives a brief history of terrorism and border control in the United States, as well as the US Patriot Act before examining the relationship between border security and counter terrorism. The subcategories such as the lack of border security both south and north of the United States are also discussed. The policy that the United States has toward immigration also gives the paper a close up of the unapprehended illegal aliens who are detrimental not only to the status of the economy but also towards national terrorism. In closing, the author explains how a lax border security can give rise to opportunities for terrorists to exploit.
From the Paper:"Since the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, there have been many changes in the ways the United States government functions. The first act of alteration to the normal code of conduct was the drafting and passage of the USA PATRIOT Act. There are many who see this act as a bold defense against the fear of terrorism for the American public, however, a growing number of people see the changes in American governmental policy and overall attitude towards enemies and allies alike as an affront against proper American values and freedom."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Andreas, Peter. (2003 3rd Quarter). Perspective. Regional Review. Vol. 13, Issue 2, p3-7.
- Aretxaga, Begona. (Winter 2001). Terror as Thrill: First Thoughts on the 'War on Terrorism'. Anthropological Quarterly. Vol. 75, No. 1, p138-150.
- Kiely, Kathy. (13 April 2006). GOP View: Illegal Immigration Won't be Felony. USA Today.
- Kydd, Andrew; Walter, Barbara. (Spring 2002). Sabotaging the Peace: The Politics of Extremist Violence. International Organization. Vol. 56, No. 2, p263-296.
- Reinares, Fernando. (Jan-Feb 2002). The Empire Rarely Strikes Back. Foreign Policy. No. 128. P. 92-94.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Border Control and Counter Terrorism (2009, December 22) Retrieved July 04, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/border-control-and-counter-terrorism-117830/
"Border Control and Counter Terrorism" 22 December 2009. Web. 04 July. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/border-control-and-counter-terrorism-117830/>