Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses some of the varied and abundant literature that exists regarding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The paper discusses the conclusions from many of the studies and how they are, at least in some cases, seen as very controversial, and are sparking a large amount of scholarly debate over the correct methods of addressing such a prevalent problem.
From the Paper:"Other studies look to treat not just the physical ailments, disabilities or anomalies of ADHD but look to discover how treatments used to treat other disorders can affect those with ADHD if they were treated with them. One study showed the effects of behavioral therapy on autistic children and concluded, "Results suggest that behavioral treatment was effective for children with autism in the study" (Eikeseth, Smith, Jahr, Eldivik, 2007, p. 264). This leads to the question of whether such treatments can also assist those who are affected by ADHD. This particular study could be of interest because it dealt with such young subjects (ages 4-7) and it showed excellent results. If these same type of treatments were available for individuals with ADHD, and they worked as well, it would seem that implementation of this type of treatment would be beneficial to society, just like a study on a community's water source might also be beneficial."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Avila, C., Cuenca, I., Felix, V., Parcet, M., Miranda, A., (2004) Measuring impulsivity in school-aged boys and examining its relationship with ADHD and ODD Ratings, Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 295 - 304
- Bouchard, M., Laforest, F., (2007) Hair manganese and hyperactive behaviors: Pilot study of school-age children exposed through tap water, Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol. 115, No. 1, pp. 122 - 127
- DuPaul, G.J., White, G.P. (2006) ADHD: Behavioral, educational, and medication interventions, The Education Digest, Vol. 71, No. 7, pp. 57 - 60
- DuPaul, G.J., Jitendra, A.K., (2006) Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Are there gender differences in school functioning?, The School Psychology Review, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 292 - 308
- Eikeseth, S., Smith, T., Jahr, E., Eldivik, S., (2007) Outcome for children with autism who began intensive behavioral treatment between ages 4 and 7, Behavior Modification, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 264 - 278
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2008, July 30) Retrieved October 01, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-106270/
"Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder" 30 July 2008. Web. 01 October. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-106270/>