American Population Change
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper analyses the changes that can be seen in the American population over the past twenty years. It uses US Census data to outline and analyse some of the key characteristics of the changing size, structure and distribution of the US population in the last ten to twenty years. It also briefly suggests reasons for these changes. The paper contains pictures, tables and graphs.
From the Paper:"I thought it would be interesting to investigate if there is a difference between the number of males and females at certain ages. Figure 6 is a graph displaying a breakdown of the population by age and sex, and compares the 1990 figures with those from 2000. If we are to consider the male to female ratios, as well as the information in Figure 5 one notices that up to the age of 24 there are in fact more males than females. This is because more boys are born each year, and that through early childhood, and young adulthood boys continue to outnumber girls (US Census Bureau, 2001c). Conversely, at older ages, women outnumber men increasingly with age."
Sample of Sources Used:
- http://www.unr.edu/news/detail.aspx?id=1878 - Putnam, S
- http://www.utexas.edu/opa/pubs/discovery/disc1998v15n2/disc_urban.html - Wilson, R H Vojnovic, I
- Journal of Urban Affairs -Volume 25 Issue 5 Page 589 - 624 December 2003 http://www.eflorida.com/countyprofiles/pdfs/MSA_Indicators.pdf - Enterprise Florida
- http://www.bizjournals.com/edit_special/44.html - Thomas, G, S
- US Census Bureau 2006b: http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/DTGeoSearchByListServlet?ds_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U&_lang=en&_ts=181377379312
Cite this Analytical Essay:
American Population Change (2009, May 17) Retrieved May 26, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/american-population-change-113870/
"American Population Change" 17 May 2009. Web. 26 May. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/american-population-change-113870/>