A Changing Workforce
A discussion of the challenges facing contemporary organizations that involve aging workers, minorities and immigration.
# 115024 | 1,013 words | 5 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Jul 02, 2009 in Business (Human Resources) , Aging (General) , Sociology (Multiculturalism) , Hot Topics (Immigration)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper describes the gap between employers and aging baby boomers and suggests how it can be bridged in a mutually fruitful manner. The paper then touches upon the issue of diversity and reveals that the percentage of those belonging to racial and ethnic minorities is expected to increase. The paper also deals with the issue of immigration and managers' claim that although it is illegal, they need the labor pool of immigrant workers. The paper concludes that regardless of the challenge, the basic criterion for assessing applicants must remain professional competence.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Amble, B (2006). Baby boomers look to a working retirement. On the Internet at: http://www.management-issues.com/2006/8/24/research/baby-boomers-look-to-a-working-retirement.asp Retrieved March 22, 2008.
- Exploring the next generation of retirees (2002). On the Interent at: http://www.merrillassociates.net/topic/2002/08/exploring-next-generation-retirees-baby-boomers Retrieved March 22, 2008.
- Immigration policies affect recruitment, retention (2008). On the Internet at: http://canadaimmigrationblog.com/2008/03/14/immigration-policies-affect-recruitment-retention/ Retrieved March 22, 2008.
- Recruitment 2020: Changing workforce (2007). On the Internet at: http://www.jobshout.co.uk/recruitment_2020_a_changing_workforce.html Retrieved March 22, 2008.
- Responding to the Challenge of a Changing Workforce: Recruiting Nontraditional Demographic Groups (2000). On the Internet at: http://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejournals/article/73555094_4.html Retrieved March 22, 2008.
Cite this Analytical Essay:
A Changing Workforce (2009, July 02) Retrieved September 19, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/a-changing-workforce-115024/
"A Changing Workforce" 02 July 2009. Web. 19 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/a-changing-workforce-115024/>