Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this paper, the writer identifies the key aspects of current legislation and codes of practice relevant to the subject and the type of organisation where he works and reflects upon and discusses the issues that may be raised. The writer also explains how he could promote inclusion, equality and diversity with his learners and identify and explain different ways of embedding functional skills within his own curriculum area.
From the Paper:"Functional skills are new qualifications that have been developed as a result of the Government's 14-19 Education and Skills White Paper. A key initiative to address employability issues in the UK, is to provide a set of standards to provide a benchmark to demonstrate competence in English, maths and ICT. All learners should be able to achieve the qualifications and they should be available from entry 1 to at least level 3. It has been recommended, through the supporting research that they should at least include Diplomas, Foundation Learning Tier (FLT), Existing 14 - 19 qualifications, Key Stage 3 revision, Modernisation of the exam process and Vocational qualifications."
Sample of Sources Used:
- http://education.guardian.co.uk/feworkforcereforms/story/0,,2186274,00.html Tuesday October 9, 2007
- Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK) (2007). Application of the professional standards for teachers of English (Literacy and ESOL). LLUK.
- Petty, G (2004) A practical guide: Teaching today (3rd Edition). Nelson Thornes.
- Qualifications and Curriculum Authority, Functional skills trials report: recommendations for the pilot programme (QCA) http://www.qca.org.uk/qca_13847.aspx
- Reece, I & Walker, S (2006) Teaching, training, and learning: A practical guide incorporating The New Professional Standards (QTLS). (6th Edition). Business Education Publishers.
Cite this Term Paper:
Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (2009, January 05) Retrieved January 18, 2017, from http://www.academon.com/term-paper/teaching-in-the-lifelong-learning-sector-111014/
"Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector" 05 January 2009. Web. 18 January. 2017. <http://www.academon.com/term-paper/teaching-in-the-lifelong-learning-sector-111014/>