Reverse Logistics and Greening Operations
$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses reverse logistic deals - the efficient processing of return, overstock and unused items, with the focus on the re-use of parts from otherwise defective or returned products. The paper looks at reverse supply chain management in the automotive industry and how electronics can often be reconstituted for parts. The paper also stresses the importance in this day and age of greening operations.
From the Paper:"In this day and age, greening operations is part and parcel of the terrain for any company. Considering the environmental challenges posed by automobile products, the obligation is exponentially enhanced. Taken with the preponderance of reverse supply parts in the automotive industry, there is no reason why all this unused inventory cannot be efficiently re-manufactured into a more environmentally friendly form that benefits customers as well as automotive an parts manufacturers, vendors and customers, and collectively benefits the one common interest we have on all sides of the supply chain: the environment."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Recycling Batteries." 2007: http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-20.htm
- "Reverse Logistics Association Company Mission." 2007: http://www.reverselogisticstrends.com/company.php?PHPSESSID=6e934ccec30b22e154134bc2055503aa
- "Reverse logistics and supply chain analysis solutions." 2007: http://www.carolinasupplychainservices.com/
- "Reverse Logistics Options." 2007: http://logistics.about.com/od/outsourcing/a/reverse_log.htm
- Seitz, Margaret. "Reverse logistics and remanufacturing in the automotive industry." 2007: http://www.brass.cf.ac.uk/uploads/calogisticsMS0203.pdf
Cite this Term Paper:
Reverse Logistics and Greening Operations (2010, February 07) Retrieved May 06, 2016, from http://www.academon.com/term-paper/reverse-logistics-and-greening-operations-118559/
"Reverse Logistics and Greening Operations" 07 February 2010. Web. 06 May. 2016. <http://www.academon.com/term-paper/reverse-logistics-and-greening-operations-118559/>