Nokia's Distribution Channels
$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper examines the channels of distribution used by Nokia, the cellular phone giant. The paper explores the company's retail stores and their locations, storage considerations vis-a-vis its wireless/hand-held goods and their transportation methods and the logistical challenges involved. The paper discusses Nokia's refusal to relinquish information about various aspects of its business practices that makes information about its means of distribution difficult to obtain.
From the Paper:"Drawing from our course discussions of chapter 11 of Perrault and McCarthy's text, a few things jump out immediately. For one thing, there is no "one way" for a customer to purchase a text directly; he or she can acquire a text a multitude of different ways. For example, in the last decade or so many distributors became enamored with the idea of the internet and with the possibility that it might serve as a low-cost distribution channel permitting distributors to circumnavigate more costly existing channels; unfortunately, these distributors quickly found that an internet-driven approach to distribution was not necessarily a better way of doing things insofar as things like online theft and the difficulty in a consumer returning an item cut into the expected healthy profits and into the amount of "traffic"."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Chapman, Matt. "Nokia to Launch Next-Gen Mobile Gaming in 2007." CRN Australia: Systems & Components. 14 Sept. 2006. CRN Australia. 2 Nov. 2006 <http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=59726&eid=4&edate=20060914>
- Mark, Roy. "Nokia Picks TESSCO to Expand Distribution Channels." Internetnews.com. 7 Aug. 2001. Jupitermedia Corporation. 2 Nov. 2006 <http://dc.internet.com/news/article.php/861491>
- McCarthy, Jerome E., and Perreault, William D. "Chapter 11 Lecture Notes". Basic Marketing. United States: McGraw-Hill, 2005. Additional bibliographic information not available (text not available to writer).
- "Nokia becomes most popular mobile phone brand in China." Helsingen Sanomat: International Edition. 31 Aug. 2006. Helsingen Sanomat. 2 Nov. 2006 <http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Nokia+becomes+most+popular+mobile+phone+brand+in+China/1135221327149>
- "Nokia Flagship Stores to offer unique wireless shopping experience for US customers." Nokia: Press Release. 19 Jun. 2006. Nokia Company. 2 Nov. 2006 <http://www.nokia.ca/english/media/PR/flagship_store.asp>
Cite this Term Paper:
Nokia's Distribution Channels (2007, December 17) Retrieved December 20, 2014, from http://www.academon.com/term-paper/nokia-distribution-channels-100145/
"Nokia's Distribution Channels" 17 December 2007. Web. 20 December. 2014. <http://www.academon.com/term-paper/nokia-distribution-channels-100145/>